The Government has committed to a date for the release of an inquiry into how Wally Haumaha became deputy police commissioner, Monday November 12 at 11am.
Speaking to Newshub Nation on Saturday, Internal Affairs Minister Tracey Martin said she had delayed the report to ensure everything that needed to be redacted had been.
- Police investigating claim Deputy Police Commissioner Wally Haumaha phoned witness to bullying incident
- Three women left police headquarters due to Wally Haumaha's alleged bullying
- Haumaha inquiry: Pauline Kingi stands down after scrutiny
"I needed to make sure that Crown Law had gone through and redacted all the names and so on and so forth of Woman A and Woman B and Woman C to protect their privacy," she said.
"That is what I did, I wanted to make sure that that had happened."
The inquiry was set up to look into the process that led to Mr Haumaha being appointed.
He was one of two recommendations Minister of Police Stuart Nash made to the Prime Minister for the role.
His appointment was questioned after it emerged he called the alleged police rape of Louise Nicholas "nonsense" during an investigation in 2004.
Ms Nicholas spoke out strongly against his appointment, and Mr Nash said he was not aware of Mr Haumaha's comments when he recommended him.
Further allegations surfaced in August that Mr Haumaha had bullied three women in 2015 and 2016, and they decided to stop working at the Police National Headquarters as a result.