Newshub is hosting a discussion on the euthanasia referendum and whether or not it should be legalised.
Newshub's national correspondent Patrick Gower is moderating The Euthanasia Question and will be joined by in-studio guests including former Prime Minister Sir John Key and cancer care campaigner Missy Vining.
The binding referendum is a vote on whether the End of Life Choice Act 2019 should become part of New Zealand's legislation.
The full line-up of panellists are:
- Former Prime Minister Sir John Key
- The Project co-host Kanoa Lloyd
- Retired palliative care doctor Libby Smales
- Yes for Compassion executive director Jessica Young
- Lawyer Catherine Marks
- Cancer care campaigner Missy Vining
- Vote No to the End of Life Choice Act chairperson Peter Thirkell
- Hospice NZ clinical advisor Dr Rod MacLeod
- Human rights lawyer Richard McLeod
- Diversity NZ managing director Philip Patston
- Auckland District Māori Council chairperson Matthew Tukaki
- Manukau Ward Councillor Efeso Collins
- Canterbury University senior lecturer Te Hurinui Clarke
- Religious history professor Peter Lineham
Watch the discussion in the embedded link below or click here.