Farmer meetings are to be held across the country, after confirmation of the candidates for the Fonterra board.
Five candidates are standing for three places on the board. Peter McBride, Jamie Tuuta and Ashley Waugh were announced two weeks ago as the Independent Nomination Process candidates.
- Fonterra explained: How NZ's biggest company lost $200m
- 'They simply must do better' - farming group on Fonterra loss
All three candidates were nominated by the Fonterra Board after being recommended by the Independent Selection Panel.
The process for their nomination was supported by the Shareholders' Council, in accordance with the Independent Nomination Process.
Leonie Guiney and John Nicholls have chosen to stand as candidates through the Self Nomination Process this year.
The upcoming election will now require Fonterra shareholders to consider the five candidates.
To be elected to the board, each candidate must receive more than 50 percent shareholder support.
If more than three candidates receive more than 50 percent shareholder support the three candidates with the highest levels of support will be elected.
Fonterra Director Candidate Meetings
Fonterra shareholders now have the opportunity to meet Director candidates at seven locations throughout the country, starting in Invercargill on Tuesday, October 23, and finishing in Whangarei on Friday, October 26.
The shareholder-only meetings provide an opportunity for the candidates to explain how their governance skills and attributes meet the requirements of Fonterra shareholders and the board.
- Tuesday, 23 October 10.00am Gore Heartland Hotel, 100 Waimea St, Croydon, Gore
- Tuesday, 23 October 7.00pm Ashburton Ashburton Hotel, 11/35 Racecourse Rd, Allenton, Ashburton
- Wednesday, 24 October 10.30am Palmerston North Awapuni Racecourse, Racecourse Rd, Palmerston North
- Wednesday, 24 October 7.00pm Stratford Stratford Golf Club, Pembroke Road East, Stratford
- Thursday, 25 October 11.00am Rotorua Holiday Inn, 10 Tyron St, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua
- Thursday, 25 October 7.00pm Hamilton Mystery Creek Events Centre, 125 Mystery Creek Rd, Hamilton
- Friday, 26 October 11.30am Whangarei The Barge, 474 Maunu Road, Whangarei
Voting Period, Voting Methods and Notification of Election Results
Voting Packs, containing candidate profiles, will be mailed to eligible shareholders on Monday, 15 October 2018. Shareholders can vote by internet or post, using the First Past the Post, Majority system.
Voting closes at 10:30am on Tuesday, November 6, with the results being announced later that day.