It's been another busy year in the rural sector, but who were the winners and losers?
Rural Exchange co-host Sarah Perriam took a look back at some of the big issues of 2018.
Top Three Losers:
1) Employers who trained up migrants, only for those migrants to be forced to leave the country after three years because of current legislation.
2) Fonterra shareholders had a horrible year. Hopefully things will improve in 2019 under new management.
3) Farmers who haven't been compensated for M bovis outbreaks on their farms after 12 months.
Top Three Winners:
1) Trade negotiators who made huge wins with the CPTPP agreement.
2) The communities of Taupo and Te Anau for saving their rescue helicopter services.
3) Kiwifruit growers who took legal action against MPI and won compensation over the PSA disease outbreak.
Watch Sarah Perriam's full interview with Duncan Garner above.
Rural Exchange returns for 2019 on January 26th.