Kiwi heavyweight Joseph Parker's next fight could well be back on New Zealand soil, according to promoter David Higgins.
Duco's Higgins says it is "more likely than not" the south Aucklander will return home for his next bout as he looks to bounce back from his unanimous decision loss to Briton Anthony Joshua last month.
"Joseph [Parker] has a promoter here who's focused on him and he's got New Zealand behind him, so we'll probably mount a promotion here against a credible opponent," Higgins tells Newshub.
"We'll be looking for support from sponsors and the public, and I'm sure it'll be there."
Perhaps the more pressing question pertains to exactly who that opponent may be, with Parkers' impressive performance in Cardiff having spooked a few would-be adversaries.
Higgins is adamant their focus is still on climbing the ranks, not cashing cheques.
"You can't pull the wool over people's eyes. If we put a show on in the New Zealand market it's going to be a credible opponent... probably in the top 10, who'll help him get back to that No. 1 mandatory position."
Parker's determined display has made him a far less attractive proposition as fighters look to maximise paydays and minimise threat.
"We'd go to the UK straight away, but the big names there are now worried about losing to [Parker].
"We've had to seek them out now; no one has contacted us, and that's telling. When [Parker] had the world title, people contacted us every day. It's radio silence now."
Englishman Tony Bellew summarily dismisses the possibility of a clash with Parker following his knock-out win over David Hayes on Sunday (NZT). Higgins believes it is a tell-tale sign the division is wary of the risk involved with taking up his challenge.
"It's not disrespect; it's a sign that Tony Bellew is worried about losing to Joseph Parker and would rather take easy money somewhere else.
"A lot of the big names that were calling out Joseph Parker, they're silent now."
Regardless, Higgins says Parker and his team are eager to get back in the ring as soon as possible, their sights firmly set on re-establishing his position as the No. 1 mandatory challenger.
"We have to earn our way back to number one," Higgins claims.
"If we employ the same tactics we did originally and just fight often, fight regularly, pay our sanctioning fees, beat the person in front of us, we'll be back at number one within a year.
"People think it's voodoo, and you have to send brown paper bags to Colombia and that sort of thing. No, you just line up a good opponent and you win, and you'll edge your way back... and I think the world wants to see Parker fight Joshua again."
Newshub.