Warriors prop Chris Satae has signed a three-year contract extension with the NRL club until the end of 2021.
The 25-year-old becomes the second front-rower to commit his long-term future to the New Zealand-based side this week.
The announcement comes days after the club confirmed Leeson Ah Mau would return from St George Illawarra at season's end, until at least 2021.
Satae has 10 first grade appearances to his credit, predominantly off the interchange bench, including three in his debut campaign last year.
Warriors recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan said other clubs were chasing the off-contract forward, so they had to act quickly to retain his services.
Tongan-born Satae's abrasive efforts had reportedly attracted the attention of the Melbourne Storm, who secured the services of Warriors prop Albert Vete in a mid-season deal last month.
"Chris has made big strides this season and has settled into his role with the NRL side lately," said O'Sullivan.
"This is reward for the work he has put in since coming into our system, developing his game in the Intrust Super Premiership side and taking it up to the next level in the NRL.
"What we really like about Chris is that there’s still plenty of improvement in him."
It is understood that the Melbourne Storm were one of the clubs wanting to sign Satae, who has been named on the bench for this weekend's clash against the Broncos in Brisbane.
Join us at 4pm Sunday for live updates of the Warriors vs Broncos NRL clash.