Star half Shaun Johnson and the Warriors appear to be at odds regarding his future at Mt Smart.
Johnson has claimed he's yet to receive an offer of a contract extension from the club and is now taking the opportunity to test the open market waters.
"There is no contract for me to sign past 2019," said Johnson in a Facebook post.
- Johnson yet to speak to Warriors over future
- Craig Norenbergs: They would really love you in Canberra, Shaun Johnson
"If you saw the article that came out a few weeks back, in a round-about way they said they are in no rush to re-sign me. Since then they have told me again at this stage they won't be offering me anything.
"That means I get to spread my wings and see what's out there so right now that's what I'm doing!"
However, Warriors boss Cameron George has denied those claims. He told Newshub that there had been no further developments since their initial discussions with Johnson's management team.
George said they'd failed in attempts to consult with Johnson and his team to further discuss the situation since his return from international duties with the Kiwis. They're hoping to schedule a meeting in the near future.
If Johnson were to stay on beyond 2019, it'd likely need to be at a rate far less than the seven-figures he'll command next season.
The 28-year-old has been part of the Warriors programme dating back to 2009, when he played under-20s and went onto make his NRL debut on June 4, 2011 against the Sydney Roosters.
Since then, he has become the club's highest points scorer and is one of the team's most-capped players with 162 appearances.