The victim of Jarryd Hayne's alleged sexual assault sent the NRL star a social-media message hours after their meeting, saying "you've hurt me", according to The Daily Telegraph.
According to reports, police plan on using that message - as well as the ensuing conversation between the two - to form their case against the 2014 Dally M Medal winner.
- Hayne turns himself in to police over sexual assault allegation
- Greenberg quiet on Jarryd Hayne's playing future
The Daily Telegraph reports that, during their communication on a social media messaging service, the 26-year-old woman accused Hayne of physically damaging her.
The alleged assault occurred at a home in Newcastle on September 30. Police will allege the former NFL running back took the women into a bedroom and ripped off her clothes without consent. Hayne says there was.
Reports allege Hayne bit the resisting women's genitalia so savagely that she bled profusely and required surgery.
Detectives have reportedly spoken with a taxi driver, who claims Hayne told him he would be back in 20 minutes, when he dropped them off at the residence.
Earlier this week, Hayne was charged with aggravated sexual assault, before being released on bail.
If convicted, the former New South Wales Origin star faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.