Alexander Flores' camp have launched a scathing attack on Kiwi boxer Joseph Parker, accusing him of premeditated "dirty antics" in their controversial heavyweight bout in Christchurch last month.
Parker defeated Flores with a third-round TKO, after being warned twice by referee John Conway for throwing punches below the belt.
- Best of Newshub Sport 2018: The uncomfortable truth about Joseph Parker - Andrew Gourdie
- David Higgins suggests Dillian Whyte won't fight Joseph Parker again
In a statement, Roy Jones Jr Boxing chief executive Keith Veltre, who manages Flores, said Parker's actions were "premeditated", while criticising Professional Boxing Commission New Zealand (PBCNZ).
"As excited as we were for Flores to face off against Parker, we are equally disappointed with Parker's dirty antics," Veltre said on Fightnews.com on (Tuesday NZ time).
"It was clear that the referee not only favoured Parker, but he also lacked enough knowledge to be officiating in the ring.
"Cleary, though, the New Zealand commission is just as inexperienced with high-calibre fights like this. If it wants to continue pursuing larger fights, then I would suggest it makes sure there is an equal playing field in New Zealand for all foreign fighters."
Veltre added Parker's actions had "left a black mark on boxing", while Flores said the 28-year-old New Zealander should have been disqualified.
Parker said after the fight that the low blows were "unintentional, but Flores thought otherwise.
"Hats off to Parker, he did what was needed for the win, but unfortunately he had to do it the incorrect way," Flores told Newshub after the loss.
"He kept hitting me low. It wasn't a couple of times, it was three or four times.
"He hit me with a left uppercut and my hand went down, and he caught me with a stray right and he had to do it that way to win the fight.
"Being aggressive as a fighter is one thing, but being aggressive and fouling that is not right. From a former world champion, I was surprised with the way he fought."
Parker's win over Flores was his only victory in 2018, which came after back-to-back losses to Anthony Joshua in April and Dillian Whyte in July.