The rules are simple:
- Pick the winner and margin of any Super Rugby game involving a New Zealand franchise, with points awarded in the following manner:
- Pick the winner and margin (13-plus or 12-under) = three points.
- Pick the winner only = one point.
- Pick all results correctly including margin: five bonus points.
It's a tight race right across the table as our Newshub Super Rugby tippers near the end of the first month.
Andrew Gourdie's solid weekend helped him reclaim top spot from upstart Ollie Ritchie, who was a little quiet this week.
- Newshub tipping competition, week one
- Newshub tipping competition, week two
- Newshub tipping competition, week three
Despite a great start to week three, picking the first two matches spot on, Ritchie hit a hurdle when the Sunwolves and Jaguares got up over New Zealand opposition.
That put him in his place and made for quite humorous chat on the Tipping Comp What's App group.
Gourdie was methodical, as always, matching Ross Karl with a nine-point haul, as the duo leap-frogged Ritchie at the top.
Karl continues to show his class, picking nine winners from 12 matches this season - his only fault is his inability to pick margins on a consistent basis.
John Day and Kristina Eddy had their best weekends of the season, with both picking four winners across the round.
Bonus points continue to be the key though, so picking margins as we head into the second month of the competition is crucial.
Eddy has only picked one less winner than our table-topping sports presenter, but she needs to turn that into the full three points to have any chance of catching the pack.
Look out boys - she is coming for ya!
Super Rugby week four:
Hurricanes vs Highlanders, Crusaders vs Chiefs and Blues vs Sunwolves.
*Margin is based on the classic 12-under or 13-plus format.