New Zealand motorsport driver Brendon Hartley has scored a full-time contract with Toyota Gazoo Racing for the 2019/20 World Endurance Championship (WEC) season.
The 29-year-old was unveiled as part of Toyota's line-up for next season, replacing two-time Formula One champion Fernando Alonzo.
The move will be Hartley's first full-time gig since being dropped from Toro Rosso's F1 line-up at the end of last season.
Hartley recently returned to the championship with SMP Racing at Sebring in the US, where his team finished third. He will also contest the upcoming Six Hours of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium.
He will then make his first public appearance for Toyota at the Le Mans test day on June 1 where he will get the chance to drive the TS050 Hybrid.
The New Zealander previously won two WEC titles with former rivals Porsche in 2015 and 2017, he also won the 2017 24 hours of Le Mans.
"A big thanks to Toyota Gazoo Racing for giving me this opportunity," Hartley said. "I know how professional and motivated this team is following my years competing against them in WEC, so I am fired up and am very happy to be joining them.
"I believe I am returning to WEC an even stronger driver following my experience in Formula 1 and I look forward to getting on track and building a strong relationship with my new team."
Alonzo is currently top of the driver's standings in the WEC with three wins in six races as he chases his third World Endurance title.
The Spaniard hasn't announced his next move, but said could take up new challenges offered by the Japanese manufacturer.