NRL 2019: Frustrated Roger Tuivasa-Sheck says time to move on from Eels loss

While Roger Tuivasa-Sheck still believes his now infamous 77th minute forward pass was legal, he says it's time to move on.

The Warriors skipper was front and centre of one of the most controversial moments of the 2019 NRL season when referee Chris Sutton ruled a potential match-winning pass forward against the Parramatta Eels.

The Western Sydney club won the match 24-22, but the aftermath has all been about the standard of officiating. 

Sutton, pocket referee Chris Butler and the two touch judges have been relegated to reserve grade this weekend, following a comprehensive match review by the NRL. 

But it was the forward pass that hurt Tuivasa-Sheck and the Warriors most, given it likely cost his side the match. 

"I thought I was able to get it backwards, but it's hard to keep going on about it, "Tuivasa-Sheck said on Tuesday. 

"We didn't get the two points and we've got to move on.

"At the end of the day it's not up to me, it's up to the guys out there. 

"That moment's gone and we've got to move on and get ready for this game."

That game is against the Canberra Raiders on Friday night where the Warriors find themselves in a must-win position to keep their fading playoff hopes alive.

The loss against the Eels last weekend has left the Auckland club in 12th place, two-points out of the top eight.

Their current situation wasn't helped by numerous calls going against them against the Eels, and they have found an unlikely supporter in former premiership-winning coach Phil Gould.

"I felt sick for the Warriors watching that," Gould told Australian network Channel 9.

"When a guy is running full-tilt at the fullback and his hand is literally pointing backwards, how could it be a forward pass?! It's physically impossible."

Gould has called for a major overhaul of the NRL refereeing process, believing a major reset is needed following two months of on-field howlers. 

But while Tuivasa-Sheck was left frustrated by a few contentious decisions, he said the players must put their hand up and acknowledge they could have done better. 

"That part is tough, as captain, trying to chat with [the referee] and make sure we get a fair call," Tuivasa-Sheck said.

"At the time I was really frustrated, but that's part of the game and there are parts there that we can control, like the tries that they scored.

"There were some soft tries from us and we have to put our hands up for that and try not to get to that situation."