Kiwis playmaker Shaun Johnson's been waiting all season for a shot at the Warriors.
"It was sort of a game you pencilled in right at the start," he said.
Now it’s here, he's welcoming the friendly fire.
"I expect there's going to be a little bit of friendly banter," he said.
"A bit of niggle out there on the field, which I'm looking forward to, so I'll be giving out as well as I receive."
- Warriors coach Stephen Kearney downplays Shaun Johnson factor against Sharks
- Johnson optimistic about recovering to face Warriors
Johnson's relaxed demeanour is a far cry from what played out last November, when he controversially quit the Warriors after eight years.
Friday will be the first time he's ever played against them.
"Is it weird?" he said. "Yeah, a little bit - [I’ve] been around them for so many years."
Life hasn't been easy since Johnson moved across the Tasman.
His debut season at the Sharks has so far been injury-plagued - he's been out of action for a total of six weeks.
"I've had a rough start, [I’m] still trying to find a way that my footy can suit this team."
Johnson's performances have been questioned and his 65 percent goal-kicking stats heavily criticised.
But for now, the Sharks are behind their multi-million dollar man.
The claims he should be demoted to reserve grade are just white noise to coach John Morris.
"That's not on the radar at all, he's our starting half with Chaddy Townsend," Morris said.
Johnson said: "The whole season probably hasn't been where I would like it to be, but round 18, we have a chance to turn around our season as a team."
And what better team to do it against than the one he made his name with.
Join us at 8pm Friday for live updates of the Warriors v Sharks NRL clash