It's that time of year again. The Super Rugby final kicks off in Christchurch on Saturday night and the Crusaders are chasing a third title in a row.
Their opponents on the other hand, the Jaguares who only joined the competition in 2016, are chasing a maiden title. Who would have thought, at the start of the season, the boys from Argentina would be making the trip to Christchurch for the big dance?
- Super Rugby 2019: Jaguares add 100 more test caps to starting line-up for final
- Super Rugby 2019: Braydon Ennor, Mitchell Dunshea promoted to Crusaders starting line-up
The Christchurch City Council is advising those heading to the final showdown to plan ahead, with a sellout crowd expected.
Whether you're heading to the game at Orangetheory Stadium, or keen to stay in the warm while still soaking up the atmosphere - then look no further.
Here's what you need to know:
- Want to soak up the pre-match atmosphere and tuck into a pint before the game? Speight's Ale House Tower Junction is just over 1km from Orangetheory Stadium - a nice, easy walk.
- Jaguares supporters will be meeting up outside the stadium prior to kickoff and setting up a stand for this historic occasion. Mate - a traditional South America caffeine-infused drink - will be served.
- Don't miss kickoff - get there early and settle into some brews. It's recommended you get to Orangetheory Stadium by 6:45pm - for a 7:35pm kickoff. You can join Newshub from 7:30pm for live updates of the final, or watch it live on Sky Sport 1.
- It won't just be the rugby keeping people entertained. The iconic horses will be back for a third week running, plus a halftime show.
- A Crusaders Supporters Club function will be held post match at neighbouring Addington Raceway, while Jaguares fans can make their way to New Regent St's Casa Publica for an after match party.
- Alternatively, whether your team gets the job done or falls at the final hurdle, you'll either be wanting to celebrate or drown the sorrows. Luckily, Christchurch has ample options. You could make your way back to Speight's, or Lincoln Rd's The Pedal Pusher or Morrell & Co - also walking distance from the stadium. Alternatively, Christchurch's terrace in the central business district should be pumping.
- If you're going to need a taxi - book well in advance, they'll be in high demand.
- Tickets for the game cost $49 upwards per adult - get in quick, they're selling out.
- Buses are available near the stadium on Lincoln Rd and Whiteleigh Ave.
- Want to ride to the game in style? Park in the city or take the bus to the bus exchange on Lichfield St and grab one of the city's many electric scooters available to hire - remember not to drink and Lime.
- Bike racks are available by the entrance gates to the stadium.
- Road closures around the stadium will take place to help manage vehicles.
Staying at home? Here's Newshub's snack recommendations for the big occasion:
- Chips and dip - because what Kiwi doesn't love onion dip, right?
- Sausage rolls - another Kiwi favourite.
- Party pies (more commonly known as savouries) - just don't be the guest who eats them all in one go.
- Hot chips - cook them yourself or grab a couple of scoops from your local chippy.
Stay safe, rugbyheads, and enjoy what should be an epic final.
Join us from 7:30pm Saturday for live updates of the Super Rugby final.