Netball's ANZ Premiership is the latest sports competition to be put on hiatus, due to coronavirus concerns.
Netball NZ has made the decision to shut the league down for two weeks, after the government’s announcement that indoor mass gatherings should be limited to 100 people.
The governing body will review that timeframe next week.
Last week's opening round was played with no crowds.
Chief executive Jennie Wyllie said the call was made in the interests of player, staff and volunteer welfare.
“We will continue to monitor the situation in New Zealand, and follow the information and consultation with the appropriate channels,” said Wyllie.
"We understand it is disappointing for all of those involved and our fans, but safety is our top priority."
As it stands, the competition plans to recommence in round four, which begins April 5.
All tickets for affected matches will remain valid for the postponed matches.