The NZ Warriors are reportedly one of two clubs to withdraw from the NRLW season, leaving the future of the fledgling competition in doubt.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the Roosters have already told the NRL that they will not take part in this year's elite women's league, if it is to go ahead, while the Warriors may now do the same.
Cost-cutting measures, because of the coronavirus pandemic, made it difficult for the clubs to continue their involvement, the report says, although the Warriors have told Newshub they have yet to make a decision.
With only four teams in the women's competition, the sustainability of the NRLW is in doubt.
Established for the 2018 season, the NRLW had grown in popularity over its two seasons.
Last month, the NRL announced that 20 women would be contracted to NRLW sides, as other sports, such as cricket, AFLW and rugby sevens, lifted their support for women's sport.
Warriors chief executive Cameron George told Newshub the club would likely have an official announcement on the future of the women's side on Tuesday.
Officials from all 20 clubs will be locked in to financial crisis meetings with the NRL throughout Monday.