NZ Warriors chief executive Cameron George indicated he'd had positive discussions with the NRL about the club’s involvement, when the competition resumes after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The squad faces a tough decision over whether to completely relocate to Australia to potentially play out the rest of the season.
"I raised a number of matters with the NRL, on behalf of the players, late last week and we have made progress today," George said.
"The key for us is to be in possession of all the information we need, so our players, football staff and their families have a full understanding of what we're facing.
"There is still much detail to be worked through over the coming days, but I'm encouraged with where we are now."
ARLC chairman Peter V'landys says the competition was searching for ways to ensure the Warriors remained a part of the restructured competition, despite increasing doubts over border restrictions.
"We want the Warriors to be part of the 2020 season and we are doing everything we can to not only make that happen, but provide the support they need at a family level," V'landys says.
"It's important to understand that our aim to restart the competition on May 28 is still six weeks away. We're not proposing to start the competition next week.
"Accordingly, we have ample time to analyse the data and ensure the infection rate is at such a low level, there is minimal risk to our players or the community.
"It also gives us time to make all the necessary arrangements for the Warriors."