Boxing great Mike Tyson has slammed rumours of a potential charity bout with former All Blacks midfielder Sonny Bill Williams, saying they're "totally false."
On Wednesday, the Daily Mail quoted Australian boxing promoter Brian Amatruda who said he'd contacted celebrity agent Max Markson with a view to bringing Tyson to Australia.
Last month, Tyson revealed his ambitions to return to the ring for charity fights and social media videos reveal he still possesses his legendary punching power.
The 53-year-old has been training with renowned mixed martial arts coach Rafael Cordeiro, who's convinced Tyson could fight again.
Along with Williams, Amatruda listed former NRL star Paul Gallen and AFL player Barry Hall as possible opponents, but Tyson has denied those claims.
"Sorry @DailyMailUK you should fact check better. This is totally false," Tyson tweeted to his 5.6 million followers.
The tweet has since been deleted.
Despite Tyson's tweet, the Sun claims Williams has been given permission by his current club the Toronto Wolfpack to face the boxing icon.
A club source told SunSport: "Sonny can fight with the club's permission during the off-season.
"He hasn't asked yet but we are following up with his agent to see if it is for real.
"It could be a hell of a fight."
After signing with the Wolfpack in late 2019, Williams confirmed his intentions to return to the ring after the 2020 English Super League season.
In February, a fight against Hall was being touted.
Williams hasn't fought in the ring professionally since 2015 when he held the NZ heavyweight title, but in 2018, he had an exhibition bout against Australian reality TV personality Stu Laundy in Sydney to raise money for homeless charities.