Spectators who allegedly racially abused Panthers player Brent Naden are facing life bans from the New Zealand Warriors.
The NRL has launched an investigation into the alleged abuse that occured in the first half of the Warriors 18-12 loss on Friday.
During the first half, a group of eight men - some of whom were in Warriors, Kiwis, All Blacks and Panthers gear - were escorted from Central Coast Stadium, after Penrith wing Brent Naden informed a team trainer of alleged racial slurs.
Warriors chief executive Cam George has been quick to distance the club from the offenders.
"They may have been wearing our gear but they certainly don't represent the club in any way shape or form," George tells Newshub. "I don't even call them supporters.
"If people want to conduct themselves that way they can take our jumpers off."
George insists that if they're found guilty "the strongest possible penalties await".
"If they've got any relationship with the club through membership or not then it won't last any longer than what it is now."
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary says he's proud of Naden for standing up for himself and reporting the abuse.
"Whatever was said, and I don't know exactly what was said," Cleary says.
"It definitely affected him and by the sounds of it the appropriate action was taken and what happens from here I'm not too sure."
The NRL are also looking into a possible COVID-19 breach by Warriors advisor Brett Finch, who did a podcast earlier in the week that may have broken biosecurity rules.
An NRL spokesman said the matter was being investigated and Finch has been isolated from the squad while they seek advice from biosecurity experts.
George confirms Finch has been tested for coronavirus and the club is awaiting the result.
Watch the full story above