Former two-weight UFC champion Conor McGregor has announced plans for a boxing fight with Manny Pacquiao in the Middle East in the coming months.
McGregor, who retired from fighting in June for the third time in four years, didn't provide a date but said on Twitter that he is "boxing Manny Pacquiao next in the Middle East."
The 31-year-old former UFC featherweight and lightweight champ has fought inside the ring previously, when he fought Floyd Mayweather in his first professional boxing match in 2017.
McGregor lost the fight, but it ended up being one of the highest-grossing combat sports events of all time
"It will be a true honour to have faced two of the greatest boxers of the modern era," the Irishman tweeted.
McGregor's tweet came hours after posting a video showing himself training inside a boxing ring.
His manager, Audie Attar, told ESPN that both parties were in serious discussions about a fight, but no deal had been reached.
Attar, who represents both fighters, did say a December or January date is the most likely.
Following the Pacquiao fight, Attar said the plan was for McGregor to return to the UFC in 2021.
McGregor's last fight was a win over Donald Cerrone at UFC 246 in January, while Pacquiao hasn't been inside the ring since July last year after his win over Keith Thurman.
Join Newshub for live updates of UFC 253 from midday Sunday