Sydney Roosters hitman Victor 'the Inflictor' Radley has copped a five-week suspension for his slew of dangerous tackle offences during the loss to Brisbane Broncos last weekend.
Radley was shown two yellow cards, serving a total of 20 minutes in the sin bin, and placed on report four times during a fiery encounter at the Sydney Cricket Ground, as his side fell to a shock 34-16 defeat.
Radley's original grade 2 careless high tackle charge has been upheld at the judiciary, increasing his three-week ban by an extra game.
The 23-year-old had already accepted a one-week suspension for a separate hit and is now out of contention for the first two games of the State of Origin series, which starts in Melbourne on June 9.
But despite the ban, Radley has staunchly defended his tackling style, insisting no adjustments are needed to his technique.
"I'm really confident, I'm really happy with my tackling style," Radley said after his hearing.
"I don't think my tackling style needs adjusting, I've been taught from a very young age by very good coaches a great tackling style.
"Just because they decide to change the rules midway through the season doesn't mean I have to change my tackling style.
"There's obviously situations in the game, like on the weekend, where I got it wrong. I can't do that, but I don't think it's my tackling style."
The NRL has recently implemented stricter measures for high tackles in an effort to minimise concussions, but Radley has also rejected calls for lower tackle targets.
"Tackling low isn't the answer," he says. "I can't be premeditating tackling low and getting myself knocked out, copping elbows and hips.
“I know I can't hit the head, but tackling low isn't the answer."
Roosters teammate Angus Crichton has also received a two-week suspension for his late tackle on Broncos player Albert Kelly.
Join us at 8pm Friday, for live udpates of the NR clash between NZ Warriors and North Queensland Cowboys