A Manchester City supporter has been found guilty of racially abusing black players during a Manchester derby in 2019 and has been banned from all football grounds in the UK for three years.
Anthony Burke was charged in March last year and, on Friday (NZ time), Tameside Magistrates' Court found him guilty of making "a monkey-gesture and noises towards three Black players". He was also fined NZ$1000.
Sky Sports UK reports City have banned the supporter for life.
Detective Constable Susan Muldowney of the Greater Manchester Police said Burke's actions, which were seen by viewers on live television, "appalled the city and the wider football community".
"No member of society should face such abuse wherever they are, especially at their place of work," Muldowney said.