The trilogy fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder in Las Vegas this month has been called off, after Fury tested positive for COVID-19, the World Boxing Council (WBC) has announced on Saturday (NZ time).
WBC heavyweight champion Fury had signed a contract in May to fight American Wilder for a third time on July 25.
"Fury vs Wilder III will be postponed," the WBC said. "We wish Tyson Fury's team and him speedy recovery from COVID".
Kiwi boxer Joseph Parker has reportedly also contracted the virus. Parker has been in camp with Fury and his team for two weeks, along with new trainer Andy Lee, who helped prepare Fury for his 2020 stoppage win over Wilder.
Fury tested positive earlier this week. A source close to the promotion said the fight will be postponed until October.
Fury, 32, had been set to face fellow Briton Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia in August in a world heavyweight unification title fight, but an American arbitrator ordered Fury to fight Wilder again before September 15.
Fury first fought Wilder, who is now 35, in 2018 and took the WBC title from him in a rematch in February 2020 with a seventh-round stoppage.