Three NRL matches have been postponed, with the prospect of more, after the Queensland State Government imposed a snap three-day lockdown, as COVID-19 cases rise around the state.
But ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys insists he's not worried about the competition being closed down.
St George Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs were due to meet at Rockhampton at 5pm NZ, with Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders and Melbourne Storm v Penrith Panthers due to play a doubleheader at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium later in the evening.
The Queensland lockdown takes affect at 6pm NZ.
Two more NRL fixtures are scheduled in Queensland for Sunday, after teams relocated from south of the border earlier this month.
"There is no threat to the compeition," V'landys has told New Corp. "We have postponed today's games following consultations with the Queensland Government and we are trying to reschedule the games for Sunday.
"I'm not worried about the game being shut down. There are a number of options we can work through and this is a short-term problem that I believe we can fix."
The NRL is still negotiating to have Canterbury Bulldogs v Gold Coast Titans and Cronulla Sharks v Manly Sea Eagles played on Sunday, along with the postponed Saturday encounters.
In the meantime, all players have been ordered to observe NRL Level 4 biosecurity protocols and Queensland Public Health orders.
"Pretty crazy times, but whatever, we'll make it work," Penrith coach Nathan Cleary told Fox League. "We were telling the boys and they thought we were joking.
"Then we all got back together and then everyone just kind of found out those details about the level four [protocols].
"We've had such a good couple of days, really enjoyed our freedom, but anyway, back to square one. That's just how it rolls at the moment."
NZ Warriors played their Round 20 match against Wests Tigers on Friday, snapping a seven-game losing streak with a 18-16 victory.