Popular power bank recalled over concerns it could burst into flames

The power bank is at risk of catching fire.
The power bank is at risk of catching fire. Photo credit: Supplied

The Government has issued a warning about a portable phone charging bank, saying it is at risk of bursting into flames.

The Kogan 26800 mAh power bank was recalled on Wednesday after the risk of burns was identified.

During charging, the lithium-ion battery might fail and catch fire. The Ministry of Business and Innovation is urging anyone who bought the power bank to stop using it immediately and contact Kogan for a refund.

The company says it has also emailed or texted all purchasers to organise disposal of the faulty power banks.

The portable phone charger was sold online on Kogan's website and Dick Smith's website between November 2018 and August of 2019.