An Australian grandmother is pressing Jetstar for compensation after her 12-year-old grandson was given an alcoholic drink during a flight to Bali.
Debra Pettigrove says her grandson was given a double gin and squash, rather than the non-alcoholic beverage he had ordered on the flight six months ago.
The boy suffers from allergies, and Ms Pettigrove says he had struggles with hay fever, sneezing and a headache after sipping the drink. She says she and her grandson were left "traumatised" by the incident.
- Screaming, Bible-toting woman kicked off Jetstar flight
- Jetstar rated worst airline in the world
- Jetstar ridiculed after mixing up Wellington and Canterbury
However Jetstar says it is surprised by her claims, as "there was never any mention of the boy feeling unwell on the flight".
The airline has offered the family AU$400 (NZ$434) in vouchers to apologise, but Ms Pettigrove wants at least "a trip somewhere to supplement such a horrific experience" according to Shine Lawyers, the legal firm representing her.
Jetstar says its error came after heavy turbulence forced them to take drinks back to the galley to prevent them from spilling. Because the beverages looked similar, Jetstar says, they was "a mix-up" when the beverages were brought back out.
The airline says it is remaining in contact with Ms Pettigrove and her lawyers over the incident.