Woman throws huge tantrum, claims to have gun after being denied boarding flight

  • 09/01/2019

A woman, who was denied entry onto a flight, had to be restrained by airport staff after throwing a tantrum.

In footage which has since gone viral after being posted to Instagram by traveller Chris Murphy, the woman is seen lifting herself onto the check-in counter and shouting profanities at a JetBlue staff member inside the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport terminal in Florida.

The woman appears to be in an irritable state while yelling at an airline employee: "Who does that to a woman like me?"

In the clip, she hoists herself over the desk, lunging towards the airport worker before jumping up and down, yelling at the top of her lungs, "Get me out of here! Get me out this state! Get me out of this f----d up place, you rapists!"

When she is done with her epic rant, the woman takes her bag, puts it over her shoulder and calmly walks into the terminal.

In another video she is seen being taken away by Transportation Security Administration officers as she screams: "I hate white cops."

According to JetBlue representatives, the customer was denied boarding because she was intoxicated.

"On January 6, crew members at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport requested assistance from local law enforcement after a customer was denied boarding for indications of intoxication and became disruptive," a spokesperson from JetBlue Corporate Communications told Yahoo.

In an incident report sent to the Miami Herald the Broward Sheriff's Office, which patrols the county-run airport, the woman is understood to have missed her flight.

When approached by an officer after leaving the help desk, the report says she threw her bag at a wall and a ripped up boarding pass at him, which led to her being detained.

The 26-year-old California resident then became "irate" and yelled "profanities" when handcuffs were placed on her, according to the report.

Airport authorities believed she was a "risk to her safety as well as to others" leading to her being held involuntarily for up to 72 hours, the incident report concluded.