It's the first thing most of us do once we've made a flight booking - choose where we sit on the plane.
Some travellers just don't care and will sit anywhere, others will painstakingly trawl sites like seatguru.com, a site that has reviews pretty much every seat on every plane, ever.
It will tell you the pitch and width of the seat, as well as giving you a heads-up on things like toilet proximity and where to find extra legroom.
- Travel Hack: The best days of the week to book flights and travel
- The travel websites with the cheapest flights
But it doesn't answer the question - what's better out of a window seat, or an aisle one?
The pros of having a window seat:
- View out the window
- Being able to lean against the side of the cabin when sleeping
- Only having a person or people on one side of you
The pros of having an aisle seat:
- No one to climb over if you need to go to the bathroom, stretch, or get something from the overhead compartment
- You get served first at meal times
- You have a bit more personal space being next to the aisle
You'll notice that' I've not mentioned middle as an option; I'm yet to find someone who enjoys sitting between people. If you do, please do get in touch on the Newshub Travel Facebook group - we'd love to hear your thoughts.