Jetstar has announced it will resume domestic flying within New Zealand from July 1 and to mark the occasion, it's selling some airfares for as low as $21.
The resumption of services will see Jetstar flying 75 return flights per week to five domestic destinations, which is approximately 60 percent of its pre-COVID-19 schedule.
The airline says as demand increases, more flights will be added in the coming months.
"With a move to alert level one restrictions across New Zealand, Jetstar is well and truly ready to take off," said Gareth Evans, the airline's CEO.
"Customers will notice a number of wellbeing initiatives as our flights resume, which have been developed based on best practice medical advice and customer feedback, such as masks and sanitising wipes.
"This is in addition to the measures we already have in place such as extra cleaning and HEPA filters onboard which remove 99.9 percent of all particles, including viruses," Evans said.
The airline has also introduced more flexibility into its bookings "enabling customers to book with greater confidence".
Jetstar's New Zealand domestic schedule from July 1 includes:
- Auckland to Christchurch (24 weekly return flights)
- Auckland to Dunedin (3 return weekly flights)
- Auckland to Wellington (27 return weekly flights)
- Auckland to Queenstown (14 return weekly flights)
- Christchurch to Wellington (7 return weekly flights)
Jetstar's relaunch sale airfares:
- Auckland to Wellington from $21 one-way
- Auckland to Christchurch from $21 one-way
- Christchurch to Wellington from $32 one-way
- Auckland to Dunedin from $45 one-way
- Auckland to Queenstown from $48 one-way