Singapore Airlines is set to resume scheduled passenger services between Singapore and both Auckland and Christchurch, as part of its minimum connectivity network.
The reinstatement of twice-weekly services to Auckland and once-weekly services to Christchurch will mark the first scheduled Singapore Airlines passenger flights to the cities since the airline ceased operations in March following the closure of New Zealand and Singapore's borders due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
The flights will resume on June 9.
Singapore Airlines General Manager for New Zealand, Kenny Teo, said the reintroduction of flights to the two cities is a small step towards re-establishing the airline's New Zealand network.
"We are committed to ensuring New Zealand remains globally connected in a Covid-safe manner during these challenging times, whether it be keeping key trade channels open or allowing for essential travel to occur," Teo said.
Throughout the pandemic, the airline continued to operate three-times-weekly freighter services to and from Auckland to ensure essential supplies could be moved between the two locations.
Those flights have since increased to five times a week.
"This move is another small step in the long journey to returning to regular operations," Teo said.
"We continue to monitor the changing border restrictions globally and when appropriate, will make further changes to our minimum connectivity network."
- SQ285 departs Singapore at 12.05am Tuesday morning
- Arriving in New Zealand at 2.40pm.
- SQ282 departs Auckland at 11.20pm Tuesday Night
- Arriving in Singapore Wednesday morning at 06:10.
- SQ281 departs Singapore at 8.45am on Friday
- Arriving in Auckland on Friday evening at 10.20pm
- SQ286 departs Auckland Saturday afternoon at 3.15pm
- Arrives in Singapore at 10.05pm
- SQ297 departs Singapore on Sunday evening at 11pm arriving in Christchurch at 12:40pm Monday afternoon
- The return flight SQ298 will then depart Christchurch on Tuesday at 9am, arriving in Singapore at 3:50pm
Both flights will be operated by Singapore Airlines A350-900 aircraft.