Air New Zealand has released more discounted airfares via its Grabaseat website days after a previous sale the airline said saw 70,000 seats sold within six hours.
Grabaseat emails used to be a daily occurrence pre-COVID-19, but they've been few and far between as Aotearoa moves between different alert levels.
Travel dates for the newly discounted airfares released this morning vary, but most are for travel between October 2020 and March 2021.
Seats available for grabbing:
- Auckland to/from Wellington: $49 one-way
- Auckland to/from Christchurch: $49 one-way
- Auckland to/from Dunedin: $79 one-way
- Auckland to/from Queenstown: $79 one-way
- Auckland to/from Hawkes Bay: $39 one-way
- Auckland to/from Kerikeri: $39 one-way
- Auckland to/from Taupo: $39 one-way
- Auckland to/from Gisborne: $39 one-way
- Auckland to/from Blenheim: $49 one-way
Air NZ will be looking to fill as many seats as possible now that social distancing on aircraft is no longer required.
Rival airline Jetstar also announced a return to New Zealand skies this week after the Government removed physical distancing restrictions on domestic flights.
With minimal international travel, Air NZ has deployed some of its larger Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft onto its Auckland and Christchurch flights, while its entire 777 fleet is to be grounded for at least a year.