Some believe booking a ticket on a low-cost airline can have a sting in its tail and that was certainly the case for one man who flew on GOL Linhas Aereas in Brazil, only to be stung by a scorpion mid-flight.
The man was flying between Campinas and Fortaleza when he felt something land on his left shoulder. Without looking, he attempted to brush the item off - it was then that the stinging started, according to local media reports.
GOL Linhas Aereas confirmed in a statement that a passenger had been treated by a medical team when the flight landed in Fortaleza, but said he wasn't showing any serious symptoms.
The airline also said it has already carried out another round of fumigation on the plane and insists it has strict procedures for cleaning and sanitising all of its aircraft.
"GOL Linhas Aereas regrets what happened and informs that it is in contact with the client to offer all the necessary support," the airline said in a statement.
Once the plane had landed, passengers were told not to open the baggage compartments above them until they had been checked.