A passenger on a domestic flight in the US was in the right place at the right time when his vape pen caught fire on the plane last week.
A report released by California Governor's Office of Emergency Services confirmed the incident took place last Wednesday (local time) on a Southwest Airlines flight from San Diego to Sacramento.
The passenger was in the plane's bathroom, but according to reports wasn't vaping at the time. His vape pen is said to have started heating up in his pocket.
The lithium battery inside the e-cigarette started smoking and caught fire when it was removed from his pocket.
The passenger used the bathroom sink to put the fire out and a flight attendant then put the vape pen in a containment bag.
Once the flight landed, the pen was given to Sacramento International Airport fire services.
No one was injured and no charges have been laid.