Celebrity Cruises has revealed the latest of its luxury Edge Series of ships, Celebrity Beyond, which is pitched at those who want to disconnect from the real world and enter one the company says is filled with style, class and relaxation.
The world's newest cruise ship boasts several impressive features hoping to lure customers back to the seas as soon as the COVID-19 pandemic situation is safe enough to allow it.
Celebrity Beyond was designed by a team including award winning British designer Kelly Hoppen, American designer Nate Berkus, British architect Tom Wright and Paris-based design firm Jouin Manku.
Michelin-starred chef and restaurateur Daniel Boulud is in charge of cuisine.
The ship is also going to feature experiences and products from Gwyneth Paltrow - boss of the controversial Goop brand - who is the Celebrity's new 'wellbeing advisor'.
Celebrity Beyond is said to have built on the features and design of its sister ships, Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Apex.
What is onboard?
- The Retreat - an exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests
- Modern two-storey villas with private plunge pools
- Staterooms with infinite verandas
- An expanded rooftop garden and resort deck featuring cantilevered float pools
- A multi-level, multi-terraced sunset bar
- The first-ever Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea
- A grand plaza spanning three decks
- The return of the 'Magic Carpet', a floating platform above the sea
The main open deck is 40 percent larger than on previous Edge Series ships.
Celebrity Beyond's maiden voyage will take place in April, 2022 from Southampton, England, on a 10-night Western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain.
Celebrity Cruises said there are no current plans to bring the Celebrity Beyond or its sister ships to New Zealand or Australia, but that may change in the coming years as the industry evolves.