Jetstar has announced an ANZAC weekend sale with cheap flights around New Zealand and to Australia in the months ahead as rivalry heats up in the trans-Tasman travel market.
Departing Auckland, there are sale airfares to Sydney starting at $149 and to Christchurch from $33.
The cheapest flight to Aussie is Wellington to the Gold Coast for $139.
Trips to other destinations across the Tasman like Melbourne and the Gold Coast have seats from $175 in the sale, while Aucklanders could get to Queenstown from $55 and Dunedin from $45.
The cheapest airfares are only available to Club Jetstar members - but potential travellers can sign up before making their booking and access the same discount.
Membership costs $55 annually and as well as access to sale fares offers baggage discounts and cheaper seat requests. Rival Air New Zealand doesn't have a comparable membership programme, instead operating its Airpoints loyalty programme both internationally and domestically.
Travel periods vary - any potential customer should carefully check the fine print as well as the available dates, but all appear to be after the current school holiday period.
Jetstar sale airfares to Australia on its website Friday morning:
- Auckland-Melbourne - $149 (Club Jetstar), $195
- Auckland-Sydney - $149 (Club Jetstar), $175
- Auckland-Gold Coast - $149 (Club Jetstar), $175
- Christchurch-Melbourne - $145 (Club Jetstar), $169
- Christchurch-Gold Coast - $145 (Club Jetstar), $169
- Wellington-Gold Coast - $139 (Club Jetstar), $159
- Queenstown-Sydney - $169 (Club Jetstar), $195
- Queenstown-Melbourne - $169 (Club Jetstar), $195
- Queenstown-Gold Coast - $165 (Club Jetstar), $185
The sale runs until 11:59pm on Monday, but there are a limited number of each of the cheap fares.