Although the excitement of the travel bubble with Australia led to a surge in bookings on flights across the Tasman, for some the barrier of affordability was an even bigger hurdle.
For those who have been waiting and hoping for cheaper airfares, today brings good news.
Flight Centre has released a swathe of sale airfares on flights from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch to most of Australia's main centres - all flying on Qantas which means meals and entertainment is included in all airfares.
Deals that will make you go "oooh":
- Auckland to Gold Coast: $349pp return
- Flying from Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch:
- $479pp return to Melbourne
- $499pp return to Sydney
- $499pp return to Brisbane
- $599pp return to Adelaide (via Melbourne)
- $599pp return to Hobart (via Melbourne)
- $999pp return to Perth (via Melbourne)
All airfares are for flights between May 19 and - July 8
The Tasman airfare sale is the first campaign to feature Flight Centre's new 'captain' Tom Walley.
As the company looks toward how it will operate in the coming years, it's also done away with its long-time tagline, 'best in the air and everywhere' opting instead for 'experience our experience'.