Quarantine-free travel between New South Wales and New Zealand will pause while the source of infection of new cases announced in Sydney is investigated.
Ten new community cases of COVID-19 were announced on Tuesday in NSW, taking the Australian state's recent community cases linked to the cluster to 21.
The pause will come into force from 11:59pm on Tuesday and will be in place for 72 hours initially. This decision will be reviewed on Thursday.
COVID-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins says this decision follows a public health assessment earlier on Tuesday which found that while the overall risk to public health in New Zealand is currently low, there are still several unknowns. This includes a case that was infectious while in the Sydney community and a primary school age child with no clear link established yet.
Anyone who has only been in Norfolk Island and not in NSW is still eligible for quarantine-free travel.
New Zealand health officials are also updating health advice for anyone already in Aotearoa who has recently visited Sydney's Westfield Bondi Junction mall. It follows a new case of COVID-19 reported in Sydney on Tuesday that is connected to the busy mall.
Anyone who was at this mall, including the car park, any time between June 12 and June 18 should contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453, get tested, and stay home until they get a negative test result, or remain isolated if told.
NSW public health officials are continuing to add new locations of interest, and anyone who has been in Sydney since June 11 should check the NSW Health website.
Anyone at locations of interest at the specified times should call Healthline on 0800 358 5453, get tested, and self-isolate until they return a negative result.
Anyone who was at a location of interest at the specified times cannot travel to New Zealand within 14 days of the exposure event.
Further information on quarantine-free travel between NSW and New Zealand is available here.