Jetstar will be giving away $5000 worth of flights on Thursday to celebrate 12 years of flying in Aotearoa.
The giveaway will turn Newmarket Train Station into an airport terminal, with the giveaway running from 6am.
Passersby will be able to 'catch' Jetstar flights by scanning QR codes on planes flying across digital screens at Newmarket Station, with the chance to win Jetstar flight vouchers ranging from $50 to $500.
The giveaway is being run in conjunction with Jetstar's birthday sale which will begin on Thursday morning and run until Sunday evening, with domestic and Trans-Tasman routes on offer.
"For the last 12 years we've offered low fares domestic travel to New Zealand, helping more Kiwis and visitors from around the world experience all that the country has to offer," Jetstar Group CEO, Gareth Evans said.
"After a tough year for many, it's great to be able to celebrate this milestone with our customers and continue to help boost tourism in the cities we fly to and, with our great low fares, help family and friends connect more often."
Club Jetstar members have exclusive early access to Jetstar's 12th Birthday Sale from 12.00pm Wednesday June 9.
The low fares include:
- Auckland to Christchurch from $25 one way
- Auckland to Dunedin from $40 one way
- Auckland to Queenstown from $55 one way
- Auckland to Wellington from $32 one way
- Christchurch to Wellington from $25 one way
- Wellington to Queenstown from $50 one way
- Auckland to Sydney from $139 one way
- Auckland to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $129 one way
- Auckland to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $129 one way
- Christchurch to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $129 one way
- Christchurch to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $129 one way
- Wellington to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $129 one way
- Queenstown to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $169 one way
- Queenstown to Sydney from $169 one way
- Queenstown to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $169 one way
Some taxes and surcharges may apply.