One of the world's most modern cruise ships will be sailing into New Zealand waters for the 2023 - 2024 season.
Celebrity Cruises signature Celebrity Edge will offer cruises of either six or 13 nights in length from early December 2023 through to April 2024 which will take in the sights of Australia, New Zealand and the tropical South Pacific.
Customers can select from 12 itineraries visiting 22 ports with departures from both Sydney and Auckland.
Named 'one of the world's greatest places' by Time Magazine, Celebrity Edge is regarded by many as one of the most innovative cruise ships on the planet.
Newshub Travel spent a few days onboard Celebrity Edge off the coast of the UK in 2019.
One of the ship's iconic features is The Magic Carpet, which serves as a rooftop cocktail bar in the evening, and also as a cafe or restaurant. It can move up and down the side of the ship to different levels, depending on how it's being used.
Celebrity Cruises' upcoming 2023/24 season in Australia and New Zealand includes:
- Themed itineraries including 'Sun and Beach Escapes, 'Food and Wine Classics' and 'Five Star Getaways'
- Overnight opportunities in Cairns, Auckland and Hobart
- A new port visiting the scenic Kangaroo Island
- Every New Zealand sailing explores both the North and South Islands
- The South Pacific itinerary includes New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Mystery Island.