As Aotearoa gets colder, these low-cost airfares might be the push you need to take a trip across the Tasman.
Jetstar has announced an Aussie sale with one-way flights to Gold Coast from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch starting at $129, as well as flights to Melbourne and Sydney starting at $139.
The on-sale airfares will be available to purchase for 72 hours ending at 11:59pm on Friday night, unless they sell out prior.
The flights will be for specific dates in travel periods including early June to mid-July, late July to late September and mid-October to early December, Jetstar said.
The sale is a good sign of trans-Tasman airfares getting cheaper as competition heats up between Jetstar, Air New Zealand and other rival airlines, with COVID-19 restrictions continuing to ease.
Jetstar's Aussie sale airfares include:
- Auckland to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $139
- Auckland to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $129
- Auckland to Sydney from $139
- Christchurch to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $139
- Christchurch to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $129
- Queenstown to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $179
- Queenstown to Sydney from $189
- Queenstown to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $139
- Wellington to Gold Coast (Coolangatta) from $129.
The Aussie sale comes as Jetstar ramps up its trans-Tasman schedule throughout June and early July, offering an increasing number of services per week between major Australian and New Zealand centres.
Bookings made during the sale period will benefit from Jetstar's 'Fly Flexible' policy, which allows one fee-free date change.
The lowest-price sale airfares highlighted above don't include checked baggage and have other conditions; like any air travel, customers should read and understand the terms and conditions before purchasing.