Jetstar has announced its annual Christmas sale with over 15,000 fares starting from just $28.
The sale runs from 12am, December 8 until 11:59pm, December 12, unless sold out prior. Club Jetstar members have exclusive early access from 12pm, December 7.
The fares include:
- Auckland to Christchurch from $31
- Auckland to Dunedin from $42
- Auckland to Wellington from $32
- Auckland to Queenstown from $49
- Wellington to Christchurch from $28
- Wellington to Queenstown from $36
- Auckland to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $135
- Auckland to Gold Coast from $135
- Auckland to Sydney from $139
- Christchurch to Melbourne from $135
- Christchurch to Gold Coast from $135
- Wellington to Gold Coast from $139
- Queenstown to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from $175
- Queenstown to Sydney from $185
- Queenstown to Gold Coast from $155.
Travel dates vary per route but include early March to mid-September 2023.
Before booking tickets, potential customers should carefully check the full conditions. The prices listed above are one-way and do not include checked-in baggage.
Jetstar is increasing the frequency of its sales, which is a good sign of airfares getting cheaper again as the travel industry continues to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and competition heats up.
Last month, Air Canada restarted its Auckland-Vancouver direct service and just days ago Emirates brought back the world's largest passenger airliner to recommence its daily Auckland-Dubai service after a nearly 1000-day hiatus.
Jetstar has also teamed up with TV personality Lance Savali to give away $10,000 in flights in a social media promotion.
Savali will be hiding at a secret location in Auckland ready to dish out Jetstar vouchers at 10am on December 8.
To find him, Kiwis will need to look for clues on Jetstar's Instagram account from 10am on Thursday to learn where giant inflatable stars are hidden at four secret Auckland locations. Collecting a clue at each of these four stars to reveal Savali's final location and the first to find him will win a $2500 Jetstar voucher.
The next six runners-up will win flight vouchers ranging from $1000 to $250 and a further 15 participants will receive a $100 voucher each. Savali will also give away $250 flight vouchers to 10 of his followers.