E-cigarette explosion caught on camera

  • 23/12/2016

Surveillance cameras have captured the moment an e-cigarette exploded inside a California man's pocket.

He was reportedly trying to use the device on a bus in Fresno, when the driver told him to stop.

The 53-year-old man put it in his pocket, where it burst into flames.

Authorities say he was taken to hospital with third-degree burns.

The victim claimed he felt the device growing hot - experts said that is a sign that he may have left his e-cig on in his pocket.