Caught unharmed: Baby thrown from second floor during fire

 7mnth old Nevaeh with Kristy, Luke and Tony (Twitter)
Baby Nevaeh with family (Twitter)

A baby has been thrown to safety from a second storey window after a Sydney apartment caught fire.

The fire completely gutted the building, but the baby escaped "unharmed", police told TEN News.

Eight people were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene, four of whom were hospitalised.

"Tony caught seven-month old Nevaeh, thrown from a burning building in Blacktown", a 7 News journalist tweeted.

Firefighters were called to the western Sydney suburb of Blacktown around 7.30am on Tuesday (local time). 

Police say initial inquires indicate the fire is not suspicious, but a full investigation is underway.


Contact Newshub with your story tips: