Shawna Cepeda was several bites into her salad at a California pizza restaurant on Thursday when she unearthed something green, but not so fresh - a dead frog under lettuce leaves.
Ms Cepeda dines at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse in West Covina, California, about two times a month, but left disgusted after slippery discovery on Thursday.
"I've been burping nonstop," she told The Mercury News.
"Everything I eat has been making me sick. I don't even want to look at salad."
She posted a biting Yelp review after the incident.
"I was about four bites into it and noticed it tasted a little different. I thought maybe the ranch dressing was a little bitter and after mixing the salad more I found a dead baby frog. Yes I said FROG!"
The restaurant manager offered to compensate her for the meal, but she declined and said she wouldn't be eating there again.
"I told him this frog could contain salmonella and who knows how long it's been sitting in a produce bag and he still made us pay for our drinks which consisting (sic) of three beers total!"
Irate at having to pay for her drinks, she wrote that the restaraunt offered her a $50 gift card, which she called a "joke".
Krysteen Romero, General Manager of BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, saw the post and responded, apologising for failing to handle the situation in a timely manner.
"We take situations like this very seriously and have launched an internal investigation including discussions with our suppliers and distributors," she wrote.