Mrs Frisbee the seal has been released into the wild after being treated for horrific injuries, caused by the plastic toy embedded in her neck.
The Atlantic grey seal was discovered on Horsey beach in Norfolk with deep wounds around her neck and a yellow frisbee necklace.
It's believed she got the toy caught on her neck when she was young and as she grew, it slowly began to strangle her.
Severely underweight and unhealthy looking, she was rescued by Friends of Horsey Seals and taken to the RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre.
She was near death when she arrived at the centre and staff members were shocked by the extent of her injuries.
"I've never seen an injury like that and I've worked with seals for over 20 years," said RSPCA manager Alison Charles.
"But we thought we'd give her a try with how she recovered on the first day.
"It's a minor miracle - she's done incredibly well - but it's a lot of hard work from a lot of people getting her fit and healthy."
After arriving at the centre, the frisbee was removed, and she was treated with antibiotics and steroids.
She made a remarkable recovery, more than doubling her weight from 67kg to 180kg.
Mrs Frisbee was released back into the wild on Wednesday, bounding into the sea from the beach where she was found near death.
"It's taken a long, long time, but she's finally come good," said Ms Charles.
"She's got a heck of a scar on her because of how extensive her injury was, but she's brilliant."