The dinosaurs came to a fiery end about 65 million years ago, but it seems the ordeal isn't quite over.
A life-sized animatronic Tyrannosaurus rex at a theme park in Colorado caught ablaze on Thursday (local time).
"We knew he had a temper, but today he blew his top," said Zach Reynolds, owner of the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience park.
It's believed an electrical malfunction started the blaze in the seven-metre king of the terrible lizards.
It was completely destroyed, but Mr Reynolds said it "made for some spectacular imagery along the way".
"He is no longer. You might even say, extinct."
No one was hurt.
- Sharknado 6 to feature Nazis, dinosaurs and Noah's Ark
- Newly discovered dinosaur has feathers, a swan's neck and flippers
"We are incredibly proud of our team for the way they efficiently and quickly handled this situation and kept our guests safe," the park said in a statement.
"All in all, this happened very quickly and we are a little shaken but we are operating business as mostly usual."
A new T-rex should be in place by next summer.