US toddler suffers severe allergic reaction to cheap makeup

The makeup set had been labelled "harmless" and "non-toxic".
The makeup set had been labelled "harmless" and "non-toxic". Photo credit: Kylie Craven/Facebook

An Illinois mother has shared photos of her three-year-old daughter's horrendous reaction to cheap makeup as a warning to other parents.

The horrific images show the toddler's swollen face covered in blisters and cracks after she allegedly suffered an allergic reaction to the makeup.

Kylie Craven bought the makeup set, labelled "non-toxic" and "harmless", for her young daughter Lydia.

However, a day after using it, Lydia's rash, blisters, and swelling had her admitted to a nearby paediatrics unit.

"In 24 hours our little girl went from 100 percent healthy to her eyes swollen and blistered shut - with a rash all over her body," Ms Craven wrote.

"She was unable to eat much for days because of the blistering and cracking of her lips."

Lydia has almost made a full recovery, with Ms Craven at least happy he daughter is smiling again.

Ms Craven said she made the decision to share the photos of the incident to remind other parents to be careful.


Contact Newshub with your story tips: