Kensington Palace released a statement on Friday confirming Prince Harry's father, Prince Charles, will walk Meghan Markle down the aisle at their wedding.
"Ms Markle has asked His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle of the Quire of St George's Chapel on her Wedding Day," the statement said.
"The Prince of Wales is pleased to be able to welcome Ms Markle to The Royal Family in this way."
- Meghan Markle's dad staged wedding prep photo - report
- Meghan Markle confirms father will miss wedding
- Meghan Markle's father changes mind, wants to go to royal wedding after all
Ms Markle confirmed her father will not be attending her wedding to Prince Harry, the grandson of Queen Elizabeth, putting an end to days of speculation.
Markle's father, Thomas Markle, had been due to walk his daughter down the aisle at the glittering ceremony at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday.
But the former lighting director for TV soaps and sitcoms gave a series of contradictory statements this week about whether he would be there, with the Los Angeles-based celebrity website TMZ.com saying he had undergone heart surgery on Wednesday.
"Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health," Ms Markle said in a statement on Thursday.
"I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday."