Donald Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen is facing accusations he asked a Qatari official for millions to give to the Trump family in December 2016.
Mr Cohen is alleged to have asked Ahmed Al-Rumaihi, a former Qatari diplomat in charge of a $100 billion investment fund, to send "millions" to distribute to Trump family members, DailyMail.com reported.
The Qatari official is said to have refused Mr Cohen's demand, a source told the news website.
- Spike Lee delivers powerful monologue about 'motherf***er' Donald Trump at Cannes Film Festival
- The rise of the KKK - is Donald Trump to blame?
In a statement issued by Mr Al-Rumaihi on Tuesday, he confirmed that he had visited Trump Tower, and a source reportedly told DailyMail.com that Mr Cohen was there at the same time. Photographs taken at the hotel also confirm that the two men were at the hotel.
The meeting also included a senior official from the Qatari Investment Authority, alongside Qatari Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, and former US national security advisor Michal Flynn, a Kuwaiti source reportedly told DailyMail.com.
The Kuwaiti source said he was informed of the alleged bribery by the former Qatari diplomat so that it didn't look like he was "going behind Kuwait's back" in his relationship with the Trump administration.
The Qatari Foreign Minister's presence at the meeting raises questions about Qatar's relationship with the Trump administration. Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, allegedly asked for $500 million from Qatar to raise money to bail out a debt-ridden skyscraper in New York, according to The Intercept.
Qatar's former Gulf allies turned against it last year when Saudi Arabia led a blockade against the state alleging Qatar sponsors terrorism.
The blockade was supported by the Trump administration.