Australian teen dies after drinking energy drink cocktail recipe she found online

Energy drinks
Energy drinks Photo credit: Getty

A 15-year-old Australian girl has died after drinking an energy drink-based cocktail recipe she found online.

The girl, who has not been named, was found unconscious by emergency services on Friday evening (local time) at a semi-rural address, 7 News reports.

Her blood alcohol level was 0.4, 0.03 above what is considered to put a person at risk of death.

Hills police area commander superintendent Rob Critchlow told Sunrise he had no doubt the online recipes the girl followed contributed to her death.

"They're mixing tasty ingredients with serious spirits and drinking it quickly," he said. "This reminds us of the dangers of alcohol." 


Contact Newshub with your story tips: